Do you have a great idea? Just not sure where to begin.
I have listed some tips to help you.
1. Do you have a registered business? What is your business name? Check through ASIC or your government body to do a search to make sure no one else has the same name.
2. Do a business plan.
Use the S.M.A.R.T. principles. Here is a worksheet as a guide.
3. Do you have a trademark in place. Play around with ideas to design a logo or have a graphic designer do it for you. A simple design which captures the image you want to put out there for all to see and recognize that sums up your company and what it represents.
4. Check your trademark office to do a search so you don't end up with the same name as someone else and legal issues down the road.
5. You might want to look into whether the domain name is available. This is something I did even before registering my business name. It's good to get all your ducks in a row...so to speak.
6. Make sure your work out your niche and provide what people are looking for. There are many webinars available online to help you achieve this. This can improve your overall success instead of spreading yourself too broadly.
7. Look into angel investors or business partners to get the financial backing you need to grow your company.
8. Make sure you have a good marketing strategy in place and a budget to cover this. When starting out.....it's good to pace the injection of marketing funds to your earnings. This does not mean don't market but be smart how you market. There are great opportunities on social media such as facebook, twitter and instagram (great for designers).
WE LOVE TO SHARE OUR KNOWLEDGE! Write in to suggest a topic of interest you would like us to cover related to Business and Entrepreneurial pursuits. Leave your email and we will let you know when your topic will appear in our newsletter.